View Single Post
Old February 7, 2008, 12:02 AM   #4
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS

Skip the Walker Colt. Had one, found it way too tip heavy for comfort. Instead, if you want a really well balanced Old West hand cannon that has power and comfort, get the 1848 Colt Dragoon, either model 1, 2 or 3. I prefer the 2 since less of them were made, and that distinctive square backed trigger guard hearkens back to the 1847 Walker. The Dragoon is a horse pistol, meant to sit in a saddle holster, not on your hip, but if you want to carry it, a shoulder holster is best. It's huge, powerful, and lobs a .44" ball hard and fast using 50 grains of power. The best combo of power and comfort I have seen in an old Colt. If you want frame strength, go later with Remington, but to me, the square, primitive simplistic line of a Colt say "old West" better than most others. And, Uberti makes the finest quality cap & ball revolvers on average that I have seen. Fili Pietta makes some good, and some very bad (inoperative even!). If you have a nice working Pietta, you're ahead of the pack quality wise. Their QC is all over the place. Enjoy the beauty here: http://www.uberti.com/firearms/dragoon.tpl
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1848 Colt Dragoon 2nd Model.jpg (113.4 KB, 74 views)

Page generated in 0.03280 seconds with 9 queries