View Single Post
Old April 16, 2015, 02:03 PM   #39
leadcounsel

I had the subscription for a few years circa 2000-2004...

Novel and good idea BEFORE the internet and a hundred free forums like this one, where you can get feedback and dialogue from many owners. Now, not so much.

I kept the mags, and sometimes have looked back at a particular article, but frankly it's much more fun and easy to have a free dialogue with owners on the internet. You can post polls, get specific actual user feedback, watch Youtube videos, etc. I find this much more useful and free versus a magazine that loses relevance over time.

Also, I'm not sure how "unbiased" they are and their information was often wrong, irrelevant (posting MSRP is useless, for instance), or just their opinion; much because they are only testing 1 gun, which is far from fair or representative of that particular brand or model. For instance, I recall strongly disagreeing with their conclusions on a number of models that I had personal experience with.

Given all of the above, I found the $15 (or whatever the cost) per year subscription money poorly spent and better allocated.

Page generated in 0.02337 seconds with 8 queries