View Single Post
Old January 14, 2014, 05:08 AM   #25
Doc Hoy

James et al.

I am an accumulator and not a collector.

I call myself that because I like nearly everything but I don't ever spend the money to get something rare or unique. If I come up with something that is collectable it is by accident.

When I got up to 12 Cap and Ball revolvers, my wife asked me how many revolvers I would eventually need. She was not griping by any stretch. She was just curious. I didn't know how to answer the question. I have somewhere around 55 pistols and rifles now and I think she has answered the question for herself.

My wife is a real peach. She is the one who spotted the Gunshop in FL at which I picked up a Geroco Texas Scout in .357 that needed a home and some TLC. We were doing about 35 in one of the speed traps on 301 and "eagle eye" shouts out "Gunshop!"

She was surprised a coupla weeks ago when I missed my first gunshow in about three years. She is also surprised when I go and don't come home with something.

It was her idea to build glass cases and hang my accumulation on the walls of our house.

There is no limit (IMHO) as regards the number. To me the limit is on the speed with which the accumulation grows and for me, that limit is set by money.

Last edited by Doc Hoy; January 14, 2014 at 05:14 AM.

Page generated in 0.03006 seconds with 8 queries