View Single Post
Old June 18, 2011, 07:08 AM   #18
BlueTrain

Not to quibble about something here but a .38 S&W is not the same as a .38 Short but a .38 S&W is the same as a .38 Colt New Police. Same with the .32 calibers. Technically, I guess the .38 Short should be called a .38 Short Colt, like the .38 Long Colt, which has the longer case. There was also a .32 Short Colt that was not the same as a .32 Colt. Easy to be confused.

I think the old break-top revolvers are interesting and that one Iver Johnson looks very business-like. No, they don't make them the way they used to.

Except for H&R .22 revolvers, I don't think any break-tops were in production after WWII. But before the war, they were available in a huge variety of models from Iver Johnson and H&R. I don't know if new Webley breaktops were ever sold new in this country but they were around a lot longer. H&R also made solid frame revolvers. None ever seem to have been made in .38 Special, just in .32 or .38 S&W. My references also list a .32 Special but it appears from the fine print that means a .32 S&W Long.

Both Colt and S&W continued to make revolvers in both .32 and .38 S&W into the 1960s and probably later but I have no idea in what number they may have sold.
Buy War Bonds.

Page generated in 0.06239 seconds with 8 queries