View Single Post
Old July 3, 2014, 11:06 AM   #99
JimDandy

Quote:
Are you saying that LEO's who are issued full auto firearms go through the same background checks and WAIT as private citizens? Does the dept pay the $200 tax every time they issue the gun to someone else? I don't think so.
Are you saying the NFA firearm is their property? When you rent a full auto firearm at a range, do you have to go through the NFA paperwork, and wait in line for months to get the tax stamp to use it?

As for the tax stamp, I'm not sure if the department pays it or if it's not paid at all. I just remember someone mentioning they had all sorts of NFA paperwork to do when the department gets this stuff in. Regardless, the department owns the firearm, and does whatever is legally required, not the officer. Nor does the officer get to keep it when they're no longer an officer.

Quote:
IF, somehow, you could force them to have to live under the same rules and laws as the rest of us
But that's not what you're asking for. You're asking for them to live under more strignent rules. Or was I accidentally correct and anyone renting a full auto firearm at a range or gun show (with a range) has to wait 6+ months for an NFA stamp?

Page generated in 0.03606 seconds with 8 queries