View Single Post
Old May 6, 2005, 01:28 PM   #12
Relayer

I've thought about this more than once, also.

The problem with the "run over 'em" answer would seem to me to be that the BG is most likely standing right next to your driver-side window with a gun pointing at your head (no, I have not been in a carjacking, but this would be the scenario I would expect). Not exactly in the best position for you to run over, too close for you to get much of a shove to hit him hard by opening the door forcefully into him. Ideally, you could just ignore him and drive away, but that seems like your putting your well-being completely in his hands. If you floor it and pull away, he may very well decide to empty a 12 round mag at you from just a few of feet away. I don't much like the odds of surviving in that situation.

The specifics circumstances may change this, but your best answer may well be to pretend to act confused, but to seem to "go along" and try to covertly pull your weapon while you're having to put you hands down to unlock, open door, etc...

Of course, you can always comply completely, and hope that this particular scumbag isn't in the mood to off you for his amusement. Tough choices.

I pray that none of us ever has to face this situation, and heaven help you, if you do.

Page generated in 0.03839 seconds with 8 queries