View Single Post
Old July 24, 2013, 03:34 PM   #23
carguychris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Pfleuger
The dealer should basically set the sale price at about 50% of the retail value.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LewSchiller
That's one way - but he'd have to draft that...have it gone over by his legal counsel...have it signed...keep it on file forever and then run the BGC with all of its paperwork all... for $10.
In addition to what Lew said, what happens when Johnny the Denied Seller decides that Joe Ed's Gun & Junk Shop has ripped him off with this arrangement, and convinces his sister, the headline-grabbing DA of Podunk County, to bring Joe Ed up on charges that he violated CRS 18-12-112(2)(d) on the grounds that the other 50% of the retail value constitutes a "fee... exceed[ing] ten dollars"?

Remember... Joe Ed may be prohibited from possessing a firearm for up to 2 years after violating CRS 18-12-112, effectively putting him out of the gun business.

Speaking of being put out of the gun business, what if the gun is a Krieghoff Luger, and Joe Ed cleaned out his entire piggy bank paying the first half?

I agree with Lew; if I were a CO FFL, I would find the CBI website statement regarding consignments to be cold comfort, as the CO Revised Statutes (presumably) don't address non-returnable consignments.

If I were a CO FFL, I also wouldn't touch these transfers with the proverbial 3.05m pole. The risk-benefit analysis just doesn't stack up.

Last edited by carguychris; July 24, 2013 at 03:38 PM. Reason: minor reword...

Page generated in 0.02408 seconds with 8 queries