View Single Post
Old September 7, 2006, 11:29 PM   #10
azurefly

Quote:
I don't want a gun on the couch with me. Or at the dinner table. Am I just living in ivory tower suburbia where having my gun loaded but unchamberd and up in the bedroom is enough? It seems to me the more my gun is carried around, the more likely an AD becomes.

Living in south Florida, and reading the news avidly, I have seen numerous reports of home invasion robberies that have left the victims beaten and bound, or worse. And I am talking about in every kind of neighborhood from crappy rental crack-infested areas on up through gated communities where the homes go for $800,000!

NO ONE is immune. Not the millionaires, and not me. So I try to have a gun on me or nearby as much as possible.

As far as risk of AD/ND being increased just by having the gun there on the couch, um, why? Will you be fiddling with the gun irresponsibly? Won't it just be holstered or whatever? (In my case, it's in a shoulder satchel bag. Doesn't come out unless to clean, practice, or use defensively.)

I think that yes, if you think you live in a place that is "ivory towered suburbia" and that home invasion crime can't touch you, you are making a mistake in judgment. It may be directly because you are in "safe suburbia" that your home is selected to be victimized.

If you really believe that the more you carry your gun around, the more likely you are to have an ND, then you are doing something wrong and your subconscious is telling you to look into it.

-azurefly

Page generated in 0.03882 seconds with 8 queries