View Single Post
Old September 8, 2013, 09:36 AM   #21
rodfac

I've owned a dozen Colts over the last 50 years, and still have 6, plus two Ruger SR1911's (the 5" full size, and its mate, the CMD).

Out of the box, the Rugers are hands down the best .45's I've owned. Good features, with no mall ninja crap, great accuracy, decent triggers and solid customer service to back them up.

Both have been 100% reliable right out of the box, with no, "you gotta shoot 200 rounds to break it in, 'cause we fit them so tightly", BS. Rugers are the best value for the money of any current 1911 on the market, and you can find them for $650 to $700...

The first pic's of the first magazine through my then new SR1911 CMD. It's a keeper for sure. The 2nd's of the full size 5" model on day one...both have only improved since then...great pistols...you can't do better in my opinion.

Rod

Cherish our flag, honor it, defend it in word and deed, or get the hell out. Our Bill of Rights has been paid for by heros in uniform and shall not be diluted by misguided governmental social experiments. We owe this to our children, anything less is cowardice. USAF FAC, 5th Spl Forces, Vietnam Vet '69-'73.

Last edited by rodfac; September 8, 2013 at 09:42 AM.

Page generated in 0.04201 seconds with 8 queries