View Single Post
Old October 27, 2013, 12:57 AM   #30
hillking2010

I've only been carrying for a little while, but I'm already noticing changes in myself. I got my CWP because I've always tried to be cautious and prepared and now I am even more cautious (and definitely more prepared!).

Now I find myself paying attention to what places have signs prohibiting concealed weapons and paying attention to people walking past me. I try to make sure that people don't bump into my strong side and I occaisionally check my clothing. You'll have to teach yourself to not draw attention to where your weapon is concealed through excessive looking, patting, etc. I typically have my fiancee periodically look to see if I'm printing or not, so having your wife help you is a great advantage! When I'm alone or standing up i just pull my shirt down, same way i would if i wasn't carrying.

As far as mindset goes, keep in mind that all of our fates are bound together. If somebody does something stupid with a firearm it affects all of us law-abiding folks. I never want to be that guy, so caution and discretion is of the utmost concern.

I hope this helps.

Page generated in 0.02216 seconds with 8 queries