View Single Post
Old May 9, 2012, 12:36 AM   #1
warbirdlover

I'm getting primed already

for (rifle) deer hunting here in Wisconsin. Last year I had a new blind (had pics posted in here) and after hunting went out and leveled it better since it had tilted.

Our leased land (six of us) is 120 acres of rolling hill, oak woods (acorns) surrounded by marsh land and then farmers corn fields. There's some pines on there too. We don't shoot little bucks and neither do the neighbors. This has left us with some pretty impressive bucks roaming around on the land.

The guy who runs the lease for us is a retired farmer.

The only problem we've had is when the neighbors don't (can't) cut their corn before the gun season (week of Thanksgiving) which means the deer will bed in the corn all day then eat the acorns at night. We've still taken 2-3 trophies off the land every year but there's many more around and most are much bigger. I'm attaching a pic of "Roger's" buck he got last year (20" inside spread) and one other monster we've taken off the land (within 100 yards of my stand) the last few years.

Roger has fixed our problem. He planted food plots this spring near each of our stands to try and hold the deer on the land during the week. If it works we will have some mighty nice hunting again. If the wolves on the land don't get them. Or the cougar we had on the land last year.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg ablind1.jpg (197.0 KB, 128 views)
File Type: jpg ablind2.jpg (103.4 KB, 133 views)
File Type: jpg ablind3.jpg (205.3 KB, 126 views)

Page generated in 0.03132 seconds with 9 queries