Thread: Powder Question
View Single Post
Old September 29, 2012, 12:05 PM   #19
Sevens

I like all the suggestions and I'd make any of them work, but hands-down, I'd recommend that you buy Hodgdon Universal. It will be listed in the manuals as UNIVERSAL or Universal Clays. The bottle says Universal (Clays Technology).

Universal can be thought of as a more modern version of Unique. It cannot be directly swapped in/out for Unique, you must find Universal specific data for it.

It meters better than Unique, but will work in any role where Unique works.

Why I am recommending it for you? Because you don't wish to buy a whole bunch of new powders... this one will work very well for 9mm and will serve you well in many other roles if/when you start to work with some other cartridges. It's also economical, especially if you take the plunge and buy it in an 8-lb container.

I've tried more a half-dozen different powders in 9mm and I've never even used W231 (a fine powder for sure) and it's a fact that you have MANY choices and most of them are great choices. But if I'm recommending the first one to get that will serve you well across the board, it's Universal.

Page generated in 0.02499 seconds with 8 queries