View Single Post
Old January 8, 2013, 02:12 PM   #24
MLeake

Mr. Scott, I watched an episode of "Police Women of Maricopa County" recently where officers went after a "drug house" in force.

The high school age son of a middle class family was apparently growing weed in his closet, and selling some to his peers.

The raid team took his father to the ground (though there was no evidence the father knew about this), and his twelve year old brother to the ground. One of the officers felt kind of sorry for the twelve year old...

Back around 1919, police departments around Boston were mobilized as goon squads to break clubs over the heads of labor organizers and immigrant leaders. My grandfather and his brothers (Sicilian immigrants in a mill town) had more than a few fights with such teams.

I think those who think the military or LE will give such things a lot of thought, and opt out of enforcing such laws, have not paid any attention to the last century.

Are there personnel who would support and defend the Constitution? Assuredly. A friend of mine was one such - he lost his job as a deputy in NC when he blew the whistle on two detectives who were railroading a suspect. The detectives still had their jobs, last I knew...

Page generated in 0.03645 seconds with 8 queries