View Single Post
Old October 3, 2012, 10:43 AM   #46
defcon

Quote:
Oh, for the person who had problems with ammo other than CCI, I have a few question: How often do you remove the bolt and clean the action? When was the last time you replaced the springs in the action? How many rounds have you fired? Do you store it with the hammer back, or do you 'dry-fire' it to leave the springs untensioned in the gun?

I bought a used Glenfield Model 60 [Marlin, made for some department store]. It had problems. I swapped the springs in the action [all of them] and I have no problems any more. I don't know how many rounds had been fired before I bought it, but it was filthy inside. Now it shoots all the ammo brands I have tried.

I figure that springs need to be replaced periodically, be it in rifles or handguns. If that hasn't been done in almost 2 decades of frequent use, I would expect performance to decline in any gun. If the gun sees 50 rounds a year, it shouldn't matter too much, unless it is stored cocked.
interesting.
i just purchased 5 used Glenfield 60's and will be purchasing extra replacement springs just in case i get those FTF

Page generated in 0.02358 seconds with 8 queries