View Single Post
Old February 3, 2013, 10:44 PM   #10
Sevens

That revolver right there would be a REAL conflict for me. It's in dang near dead-mint condition. At $300, you'd have to buy it or you'd be struck by lightning for being an idiot. At $400, it's probably the right price -- and that's where the conflict is.

All Model 10's are great guns. I have a 10-6 from 1983 and I shoot it often. I've got a pre-Model 10 from early in the century that is a family heirloom that I rarely shoot. I've got other K-frames that get lotsa love.

That one might not be textbook MINT, but it's close. There are a hundred gujillion of them, so they simply don't ever carry a high "value." Typically, you'd simply make a shooter out of it because I'm sure it shoots like a complete gem. But when I consider how easy it is to find a great shooting Model 10 that isn't nearly that minty to shoot, why would I want to put a bunch of wear on THAT one that is so clean?!

But yet, keeping it so pristine for...what? They don't have a lot of value because of the sheer numbers. These are the silly kind of thoughts that interrupt my day at gun shows sometimes!

You did good and she got the right money for her property. I just see conflict if I had come across the same deal. I'm glad it was YOU that got it. I hope you love it and give it a good home!

Page generated in 0.02017 seconds with 8 queries