View Single Post
Old August 24, 2011, 10:06 AM   #83
RC20

Quote:
STAR PD here....inherited from my grandfather- NIB...
Damn that make me feel old!

I own a Star PD.

Its an amazing gun. Its lighter than my Sig SP2022, not sure if that speaks for the audacity of Star going for a somewhat too light frame, or Sig is just too heavy!

Sweet gun, sadly I can't see the iron sights to shoot it well.

Cooper liked it a lot, but also said he kept two, one for carry and one to shoot as it would break down over time. Not a smear on the gun, it pushed technology to the limits, if you kept inside the limits it worked well.

My guess is mine was carried and shot little as the buffer is in pristine shape (I learned that recently and checked it). I have shot it less than 100 rounds since I got in back in 88 or so. I think the buffer is good for only 500 rounds. Keep an eye on that and get new ones if it gets worn.

It was offered in the US originally, when no takes taken to Spain and Star took him up on it (away from home and do not have my material).

It was the Colt Commander before there was a commander.

It does pack a recoil. I never found it a problem, but I shot a lot of 44 magnum in a Ruger SA (terrible gun) and S&W in 44 and 41 magnum.

The Star still fits in a Vest pocket better than the Sig.

It was far ahead of its time and did it well. I wish I could get sights on it but it would wreck the gun inherent value.

Thoughts of selling it and passing it on to someone who can shoot it. Not much for things just sitting there. Better to think hard about it, once its gone its too late for regrets.

Page generated in 0.03534 seconds with 8 queries