View Single Post
Old December 21, 2010, 07:44 PM   #19
geetarman

ShootingNut,

I gave a P220 with alloy frame to my son in law and have a stainless P220 carry. Both are nice guns. The 220 I kept is getting better trigger wise and had a problem that Sig fixed by changing the barrel out. That gun has about 300 rounds since the new barrel was installed.

I have two CZs and they are pretty under rated. I bought the SP01 9mm and had a trigger job done on the gun at the custom shop here in Mesa. I left the firing pin block in the gun and had the competition hammer and trigger installed.

Had a couple of failures to fire with the 13 lb. spring and had that replaced with a 15 lb. spring and the gun runs fine. You can still "feel" the trigger as it has a little drag when the firing pin block is moved by the trigger.

While I was at the custom shop, Angus Hobdell was also there. They had a couple of custom shop guns there and I told him I was looking for a .45 and asked him if there was a CZ97 in stock.

He showed me a 97 and told me that if I put the competition hammer and spring kit in it and removed the firing pin block, it would make a world of difference in the trigger pull compared to the SP01.

I let them do that and the trigger is 3.75 lbs. as measured with a gage.

It feels more like 8 ounces. Very nice with a short reset. I think I will do the same with the SP01. I really like the screw in barrel bushing.

Both guns shoot really nice.

I like the way the Sigs fieldstrip better than the CZs but they both are easy enough.

Oddly enough, even though CZ is popular at Rio Salado and the custom shop is located here, the guns really flew under my radar.

I think the Sigs show more refinement in the machining than the CZs, but there is no question that the guns function fine.

I regularly shoot .45s in Smith and Wesson, Glock, Sig and CZ.

It is hard to pick a favorite.

Geetarman

Page generated in 0.03689 seconds with 8 queries