View Single Post
Old May 19, 2013, 12:00 AM   #64
saleen322

I load most all of my ammo and I can load around 48 different cartridges more or less. The only center fire I have bought recently is .327 magnum because I don't have much brass. It has always been available and consistent in price in the $20-$25 range per 50 even before Nov of last year. My guess is the resellers don't see a market in it. I was about out of 22 match ammo that I shoot in pistol matches, SK Standard Plus. This ammo is made by Lapua and is marketed as Wolf Match-Target as well as the SK brand. It is a good value in that it returns very good accuracy at a reasonable price and you have to pay a lot more to get measurably better accuracy. I bought a case of 5000 a couple of years ago I think it was around $440 which works out to $4.40 per box of 50. A couple of days ago I checked on availability and, if the price was okay, to order a case of SK Standard Plus or Wolf match-target. It was out of stock at the first place I checked but in stock for $490 a case at the second. The person on the phone was polite but she did ask what I was shooting it out of. "I have a FAS 602, a Benelli 90, and....." She stopped me there and asked how much I wanted and I told her a case of 5000 if that was doable. Although she did not come out and ask, I am thinking the question was to get a feel if I was going to resell it. A quick look on gunbroker and I saw SK and Wolf for about twice that with bids. I don't buy/use cheap .22 LR so I am not tracking prices on it but talking to the local Walmart sporting dept manager, he said they are getting the same amounts of .22 in but it is selling out in a couple of hours. In any case, I don't see a need for me to buy anything much the rest of the year. I will see where the prices are then.

Last edited by saleen322; May 19, 2013 at 12:06 AM.

Page generated in 0.03406 seconds with 8 queries