View Single Post
Old April 16, 2011, 06:03 PM   #24
taylorce1

Well I thought I would add a little more to this thread. I unpacked my T/C Venture .270 Win today as I had my new 4-12x40 Accurange Redfield Revolution scope come in last night. Here aer a few things I found out.

The first issue I ran into was mounting the scope and the spacing between the Weaver bases. I had to turn the rear base around so that I could move the scope back and forth to adjust the eye relief. Simple fix but if I hadn't done that there Revolution scope is barely long enough to allow enough ring spacing to fit the action.

Second problem I ran into was I didn't have any ammunition, simple enough fix picked up a box or Remington 150 grain Corelokt on the way to the range. Big 5 didn't have any 130 in stock and there wasn't any other kind of ammunition to try. I'll have to load up some 130 grain bullets my next trip to the range.

Got to the range and bore sighted my rifle by pulling the bolt and lining the bore up on target, then looking through the scope to make adjustments. Fired my first round and it was about 6" high off paper and 5" right of the bullseye. Took three more shots to get the scope dialed in to where I was comfortable shooting groups.

On thing I found out about the rifle that I don't like that much is the bolt handle. It is just a tad too short, I tend to like a little longer bolt handle over the stubby one. The thing I didn't like about the Redfield scope is that the eye box is more critical than on a Leupold. Other than that the scope is bright and clear, has enough eye relief, it had positive clicks adjustments, and it adjusted correctly. I don't like the Accurange reticle as much as a standard duplex but for what I got the scope for I can live with it.

Overall I was very happy with how this rifle shot. I didn't get any sub MOA groups to speak of. I've attached my last 16 shots, I've had better days shooting as well. The last 7 shots were taken in quick succession, I shot three from the mag and the last four as quickly as I could load the action single shot.

I think the rifle can shoot a lot better than I was capable of today.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 270 Win 3.jpg (220.2 KB, 313 views)

Page generated in 0.02110 seconds with 9 queries