View Single Post
Old February 24, 2006, 10:15 AM   #6
Wild Bill Bucks

It's a Cuddleback camera. I've had two or three others, but the cuddleback seems to get me the best pictures.
I don't think feeders makes the deer any more nocturnal that when they are on their regular night patterns.
To much activity around them will definetly make them more leary, and will tend to make them come in when it is safe for them.
I never hunt over my feeders. I try to find the trails coming in and out and try to hunt at least 100 yards on the trail away from the feeders.
The deer in these pictures are in a location that I did not hunt this year, so they are all still walking around (I Hope)
I will probably hunt this area next year. None of these deer were in this area 2 years ago, and I wasn't sure I could get them to come up on top of the mountain with just a feeder, but it looks like there could be as many as 6 different bucks coming into the area now.
I have a few turkeys coming to the feeder, but so far I haven't been bothered by hogs. There is a duck marsh (about 100 acres) at the bottom of the mountain and it was way to thick to hunt, and is covered in water moccasins. Thats where these deer came from, and I was a little surprised to see them up here because there is absolutely NO WATER and No other food for them up here( You'll notice most of the trees are all Pine)

This area is around Sardis Lake in southeastern Okla. between Clayton and Hartshorne.

Page generated in 0.02696 seconds with 8 queries