View Single Post
Old September 23, 2012, 04:37 AM   #17
ronz

Was able to test out a few bullets some leading but not too bad from the wd sized to 309 lubed with 45-45-10 just need to find the right combination
Tried some not sized ad (.311) lubed with lla they chambered fine but had more leading the leading was about ¾ down the barrel I didn’t let them age enough only about 6 days going to try them again in a week once they hit 2 weeks old
I cast some more wd & didn’t size them lubed twice with lla going to try them tomorrow
The small 93g cast better hotter I tried them at a lower temp and had a lot more rejects than the first time I cast them one problem I am having with them is a little ridge on the bottom of the bullet the mold it runs around the entire bullet pretty sure it’s not galling never had any lead on the spew plate or top of mold the mold walls run straight up to where the spew plate is I don’t get this with the .355 mold and on that mold the walls come in at the top producing a small taper at the bottom of the bullet
The ridge comes right off when sizing I can remove it easily with a finger nail
Would this be something to be concerned with if I don’t size them? I think it will either be cut off or just formed into the bullet with seating
Think everything is going really good so far can’t thank everyone enough for all the help and tips
Like the recommendation to lap the valve I have hardly any leaking
I also started collecting some scrap lead it might be fairly cheap to buy but learning that scrounging up the lead is part of what makes casting so enjoyable

Page generated in 0.02207 seconds with 8 queries