View Single Post
Old August 13, 2013, 08:34 PM   #24
Quik

Thanks for the feedback everyone, much appreciated!

Okay, so I don't need to go with a revolver for exceptional accuracy.
And contrary to what I thought I learnt through my limited research, revolvers aren't necessarily the only choice for a .22LR handgun.
Since I hear everyone is saying great things about the Browning Buckmark and Ruger MkIII for very little $$ shelled out, if I like how it feels in hand, I might go with a Browning Buckmark or Ruger MkIII, and save some cash for a second, 9mm pistol (maybe the CZ75B or SP-01 Shadow, which would keep me just over ~$1000 CAD).

I dropped by the gun shop today near closing time, so unfortunately I didn't have the opportunity to try any handguns for a fit. However, I spoke with a very helpful employee, who was supposed to check out the ETA on a S&W 617 (but didn't have time recently).

He mentioned that their site doesn't have all their stock, nor all the information:
  • The ~$925 Sig Sauer P226 they have in stock is made in Germany.
  • They have a used H&K USP 9mm for ~$950.
    (The salesman was trying to convince me to go for the H&K, as it is very rare up here, apparently.)
Unfortunately, I don't have anymore information, but I'll be going back this Thursday for more information and to try their in-hand feel.

Also, I've realized that I prefer DA/SA handguns, both for the .22LR and the 9mm pistols. The HK USP 9mm also has a polymer frame, so I think I'll be going with something else. I'm not eliminating the S&W 617 just yet, though. Is there a discernible difference between the Sig Sauers that are made in Germany vs. the American Sigs?

One more question: they have the S&W 686 in stock. I know that the 686 is an L-frame revolver, while the 617 is a K-frame revolver. My question is: if the 686 fits well in hand, should it equate to a good fitting with the 617?

Your opinion has been absolutely invaluable, thanks a bunch!

Page generated in 0.02769 seconds with 8 queries