View Single Post
Old April 8, 2010, 10:17 PM   #31
JohnKSa
Staff

zombie237,

There was an attempt to drop the notification requirement from the law, but I don't believe that bill was passed.

Here's the text of the law. As far as I can tell this is the current law--that is the TX online statutes have been updated with all of the changes from the last legislative session.
Sec. 411.205. REQUIREMENT TO DISPLAY LICENSE. If a license holder is carrying a handgun on or about the license holder's person when a magistrate or a peace officer demands that the license holder display identification, the license holder shall display both the license holder's driver's license or identification certificate issued by the department and the license holder's handgun license.
If you are legally carrying in TX in your car without a license I would not volunteer that information. Since it will be concealed (as it must be legally) the topic shouldn't come up. You're not breaking any law and volunteering the information could result in some hassle for you if you encounter an LEO who is unfamiliar with the new law.

Page generated in 0.02444 seconds with 8 queries