View Single Post
Old March 1, 2010, 02:08 AM   #1
johnwilliamson062

Night coyote solution

Been looking for a sub $1000 at least 250 yard Coyote night hunting solution. I was at some little general/junk store near hocking hills today and saw something I had never seen before. A simple shop/work light made to run off of a car battery. I was considering doing something similar with some parts ordered off radioshack but I was a little worried it might get complicated. The design is to assist while working under the hood, but fits my needs perfectly.

The strategy:
Chicken leg to a string to a clothespin switch wired into the circuit of a car batter and this light. Coyote pulls the chicken leg, insulator removed from clothespin, circuit closes, light on, I get at least one half decent shot before the coyote bolts out of the light field. Is it possible the coyote will freeze like a deer at first or will it bolt off immediately?
Pretty sure I can use lights on coyotes outside deer season in Ohio. I will have to check in to that. I have everything I need except the light which was only $10 and will be useful if this does not work out.
If I leave it in place for several days the scent should not be a problem.
PS:I love clothespin switches.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg downsized_0228002353.jpg (30.3 KB, 290 views)

Page generated in 0.03040 seconds with 9 queries