View Single Post
Old May 26, 2002, 06:53 PM   #3
BlackJack

Sure thing. Sorry about the delay--been out of town. Short version is I like it a lot. It's short (24" barrel, including breech, and 39" overall). It's light and had a good feel--fits me well with the Handi-rifle stock. The sights are fully adjustable and have the light gathering dots that make them easier to use in low light (dusk or dawn, when deer are about most.) It's easy to load and fire, easy to keep clean since the breech plug screws out and you're just cleaning a tube. Mine came with sling swivels--I think someone added them. The primer carrier system is great--you can keep a pocket full of primers loaded in the carriers and you're ready to fire a charge very quickly. The only drawback with the gun I see is the screw-out ramrod which is awkward to use, even after you get used to it. On the range, you use a range rod, but out in the bush for 2d shot at a critter you will have to be a lot faster than I've managed to be so far. I've shot it with 100gr of Clean Shot and T/C 300gr XTP sabots and got great accuracy--2-3" groups at 100yds--good enough for deer hunting in FLA where most shots are much shorter. At $139 used it was a great buy and one of my favorite guns. I think even the new rifle at $230 or so is well worth it. Let me know if you have any questions. And I still have four packets of primer carriers left! Good luck.

Page generated in 0.03037 seconds with 8 queries