Thread: What gun to get
View Single Post
Old January 14, 2011, 12:09 AM   #17
MP9

Hi buddy.

I started with sport shooting 4 months ago when I got my first handgun(IDPA).. I got a s&w m&p9. I think I am not doing so bad.. I have got 1st place, and 2nd, 3rd and 6th.

Check what shooting club is close to you. I have been in IDPA but I want to go to any USPSA, I can practice in the same places where practice IDPA..

If you already have any gun, you dont have to buy any other..you can go and shoot and then to buy other one if you want..

The guns I most see are glock, m&p, and a lot of 1911,usually people who has more time practicing cause you can modify many things in that guns...

I would suggest dont get any gun with thumb safety or magazine safety..

double action pistol I think are in other category, ESP cause the trigger..(not sure)

for IDPA and UPSA some people use the Glock 34/35 and M&P Pro or 9L.. but I think that is after some practice and when you overcome your actual gun.. and it is up to you if you want to invest the money know..

not one will laugh of you.. usually the people there is pretty nice and remember safety first, dont try to go too fasttt without being safe..

good luck and have fun

Page generated in 0.02746 seconds with 8 queries