View Single Post
Old January 17, 2009, 12:30 AM   #12
roach4047

Turns out it's a factory finish that looks similar to a Parkerized finish but it's not Parkerized. I described it like that because that's how the finish looked to me. Once I inquired I was told that no it's not a Parkerized finish but it does look a bit similar to parkerized with it being a Black non-glare Matte finish about the texture of dry wall would be a good description I guess. Definitely not a smooth glassy blued finish.

I have a question???????

Is a barrel that's chambered for a 3" also capable of firing the 2 3/4" as well or is it a "one or the other" deal?

So far as my decision on this particular gun that I mentioned in the opening post; I've decided to hold off on the purchase. They didn't want to budge on their price. I don't really consider it a steal after researching it a bit more and like other's have said... Do I really need the SuperMag 3 1/2" when all I'm really wanting out of the shotgun is the Rifled barrel for deer hunting. I think I'll be better served waiting for the local gun show at the end of the month and dropping the cash on a gun that better fits my original intention. I'm saying my prayers that I run across a modern Ithica Deerslayer III for a really good price. If so I'm all over it. I wouldn't mind an Ithica Deerslayer storm one bit either.

Roach

Page generated in 0.03745 seconds with 8 queries