View Single Post
Old June 18, 2007, 10:29 PM   #12
crowbeaner

Right on CCNY! I too exist in the adopted state of Clintonia. All one needs to peruse is THE NEW YORK GAZETEER and take a look at all the state forests, game mgmt. areas, hiking trails through wilderness areas,etc. I HAVE noticed a decline in the number of hunters in recent years however. The deer and other fauna are still here to be stalked, but fewer stalkers. I have my special haunts and favorite hunting areas, and I see game every time I go. The red treerats are overrunning the greys, and songdogs are everywhere. I wish the neighboring counties would all allow rifle hunting instead of limiting us to slug guns and pistols. Some are coming around to the change, but I was told by DEC officers that the county decides to allow rifles or not. I think they're in bed with the firearm and ammo mfgs. to sell rifled slug barrels and those rediculous $3.00 a shot sabot slugs! I could have hammered two beautiful songdogs this past fall, but 150 yards is a bit far for my smoothbore pumpkin roller. The 243 could have handled the chore quite well. Maybe see you at the gunshow, who knows?

Page generated in 0.03335 seconds with 8 queries