View Single Post
Old June 16, 2002, 12:05 AM   #50
jason10mm

I think we need to cool off a little. WE are getting all bent out of shape based on a single report, which may or may not have anything to do with the truth. We don't know what that basement looked like (well lit or dark), or what type of noise the girls made that warned the guy. We don't know what type of training he had (maybe a few classes at Frontsite, who knows?).

There are some lessons to be learned from this tragic story, by until we get a complete break-down of the event, no one here can say whether or not we would not have made the same shot. I have certainly cleared my house and apartment with a loaded pistol on several occassions, usually based on trifle noises that make me unease, nothing worth calling the cops. If 2 people leaped out of a closet at me and I knew, KNEW, no one was supposed to be there, I think I would fire, even without a clear ID. (Remember, this guys GF went through some pretty exteme measures to convince him she was away). I don't think you can always have the luxury of a 100% ID when you are getting bum rushed by several opponents inside your own home. LAter.

Page generated in 0.04442 seconds with 8 queries