View Single Post
Old January 20, 2013, 11:27 PM   #19
skeeter

Even on Gunbroker you can be ripped off. I once bought a Colt Python listed as "like new in box, flawless" and when I got it it would not even fire on the second shot and the stock were totally mis-matched, something that did not show in the photos. It had to be shipped back to Colt to be fixed and it cost me $250 for new grips. Gunbroker did not stand behind their protection policy because they said I fired the gun, if i did not fire it I would not know it would only fire that one time.
I have learned that if they do not accept a credit card I do not buy from them or if they have a lot of good feedbacks I will buy.
I am a member on another forum and was about to send a USPS money order for another Colt Python when I read from another member that he just bought the same Python as he gave the serial number out and other details. It turned out this member was a police officer and was able to do a check on the seller who was a felon that was not even supposed to own a gun. He was using a front address (an innocent person who was paid to accept mail). Luckily I never sent my m.o. and this member was able to get the post office to stop delivery.

Page generated in 0.04083 seconds with 8 queries