View Single Post
Old October 21, 2013, 11:36 AM   #6
bedbugbilly

At one time I bought a H & R 929 "Sidekick" - 6" barrel (.22). I got it frome a LGS - it was like new - a widow had sold it to them. I thought it might be a nice pistol to teach my wife how to shoot. WRONG! I took it out - ran several brands of ammo through it and that durn thing shot so low you could plow with it. I checked it over and even had a good gunsmith look at it - he couldn't figure out what was wrong and he got the same results. I had to literally aim at the top of the back stop to even come close to the target - and I mean "close" - not on it. I ended up trading it back in to the LGS and I told them how it shot - they still took it in. I really was disappointed in it as it was a rugged little pistol and I liked it - I've never heard anyone complain about theres either. I'd buy another one if the chance came along at the right price - but I'd sure check the serial # first to make sure I wasn't getting the one I had.

I've shot mainly SA BP - "51 Colts - and I'm used to using a little Kentucky windage - even on some of my muzzleloaders. But that H & R had me baffled - I didn't know wheter to use it to plow before we planted, use it for a wheelwright or get rid of it. It all worked out though - I finally bought a vintage Super Bearcat - the wife loves it.
If a pair of '51 Navies were good enough for Billy Hickok, then a single Navy on my right hip is good enough for me . . . besides . . . I'm probably only half as good as he was anyways. Hiram's Rangers Badge #63

Page generated in 0.04067 seconds with 8 queries