View Single Post
Old October 21, 2009, 12:23 AM   #14
NYPD13

With a non fire resistant unit I wouldn't bother anchoring into concrete. I have an old StackOn safe that I use to store my ammunition and went the route suggested in that I rested it on a platform which acts as a barrier between the concrete(and possibly water in the basement). It is secured to wall studs by several bolts. When this was my gun safe it was installed in the same manner within my closet at a position which made leverage with a pry bar attempt on the door near impossible. So remember positioning is just as important as how it is fastened to the structure of your home. Also since tipping is an issue with the heavier safes, an additional structure may be built around the safe to hold it in position such as the shelves I built atop mine. I had the same concern with the bolts eventually working loose due to the weight of the door. That and I needed the storage space above the safe.

Last edited by NYPD13; October 21, 2009 at 12:33 AM.

Page generated in 0.03777 seconds with 8 queries