View Single Post
Old February 24, 2005, 10:03 AM   #64
Derius_T

zulustyle:

You know, I'm a 35 year old disabled soldier. I am the sole provider for my family which consists of three little kids, and wife. So I understand. But how can I teach my children to be honorable, and couageous, and to stand up for their morals and convictions, if I can't do the same? How can I stand there and watch something like that happen in front of me and do nothing? Would the great men who founded this country have done nothing, or would big fat dude be recovering from a serious beating himself? Now don't get me wrong, I don't say this out of any macho guy attitude. I say it because I physically and mentally could not stand to see someone who is unwilling or unable to defend themselves be possibly killed right in front of me. If that man had died from the beating, and I had done nothing to stop it, I am just as guilty of killing him as the guy who did the beating. What if our soldiers and police decided they just didn't want to get involved? Where would we be then? You can argue its because they are paid to do that, but I guess its whats inside a man that even makes him take those jobs in the first place. I am deeply ashamed and saddened by the apathy in america today.....but thats another thread I guess.......

Now of course the only way I would feel differently is if the little guy had provoked the beating. Hit the woman, whatever. If he had been guilty of anything, maybe he deserved a sound beating. Some people do. But I still would have stopped it if I thought it was going to end in permanent damage or death. And at the risk of pissing everyone off, if I had been that man whos MOUTH SHE SPIT IN......well......she'd have most likely been.....uhhm...
hindered too.....

Page generated in 0.03201 seconds with 8 queries