View Single Post
Old August 31, 2005, 09:19 PM   #12
swmike

Watching the News tonight I saw numerous people complaining that the Government hadn't responded IMMEDIATELY to their plight. They had no water, food, medicine, shelter, etc, etc.

I was always under the impression that one had to care for themselves for at least 72 hours after any disaster. For me that means water and food for 72 hours. Also any meds necessary for 30 days. Tools, to me, are more important than building materials. I would rather have a saw, hammer, and nails than a heavy tarp. Lighweight ones are in my BOB. My "kit" is only there to support my wife and I until I can find location to settle. My "survival destination" (lots talk of what to have in their Bug Out Bag but few talk of where they will go or what their plan is when they get there) is where I can forage. Food and shelter materials are plentiful as is drinkable water. I'll never regret the outdoor training from my youth or the survival training from the military.

"In God we trust, all others are suspects."

"If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying, either I won't need any more, or more won't be of any help".

Page generated in 0.04015 seconds with 8 queries