View Single Post
Old August 20, 2013, 03:25 PM   #2
snuffy

They're at LEAST as good as any other cup&core bullet.

Their claim to fame was the idea that pouring molten lead in a copper jacket, bonded the lead to said jacket. Without some form or bonding agent, it didn't work! Bitter-root bonded bullets WERE poured in hot, but they "tinned" the inside of the jacket with solder before pouring the molten lead into the copper cup.

I don't think they are made anymore, because Speer has switched to the deep curl bullets which ARE bonded bullets,(basically a plated bullet).

I shot some hot-core bullets in my .280. They worked well, were accurate and killed a couple of deer. One was a big doe that was running away, quartering away. I led her, but between the time I pulled the rigger and the bullet got there, she had turned to run straight away from me. Result was a Texas heart shot, minus the stinky gutting. The bullet ,(145 hot core), went along side of the anus, took out the last 4 vertebrae, ended up in the front shoulder.

It had separated, the jacket was under the spine, the nicely mushroomed core was in the shoulder. So much for being bonded! Oh, she died in mid-flight, piled up, no wiggles.

They're going to get their butts kicked over there this election. How come people can't spell and use words correctly?

Page generated in 0.02777 seconds with 8 queries