View Single Post
Old August 25, 2012, 01:01 PM   #16
Uncle Buck

Keep in mind the shipping prices when you order through the mail. Sometimes you can find local suppliers who will save you tons of money.

I do not know where you are, but by shopping around, I found I could get factory second bullets. I just bought 21 pounds of 185 grain jacket hollow points for my .45 ACP for about $135.00. That comes out to about 785 bullets. They normally sell for $25.00 per 100 bullets. (I could not get the 230 grains bullets I wanted, but these will keep me shooting.)

I sometimes split my reloading supply order with friends, we also split the shipping cost and hazmat fee.

When you start to reload, do not buy four or eight pound jugs of a powder unless you absolutely, positively know that is the powder you want to use.

There are 7000 grains per pound of powder. Divide your powder by your load and you can figure out how many reloads you are going to get from each pound of powder. (Beware the powder jugs that are only 14 ounces )

I just picked up, from Craigslist, 2000 large rifle primers for $20.00. They guy is getting out of reloading.

One of the best resources available you have already used. The Firing Line Forums are full of knowledgeable people who are willing to share their time and knowledge.

Best of luck.

Page generated in 0.03118 seconds with 8 queries