View Single Post
Old March 11, 2006, 10:05 AM   #34
Double Naught Spy

Quote:
Jeez 4 shots COM, 1 to the head
I definitely want to know the details on the ammo, position of shooter and BG. I think the guy who can take 4 shots center mass and not stop from a .45 is on something more than just vitamins. PCP, steroids? I guess that solves the caliber vs. shot placement question. I commend the good samaritan for his cool head and correct actions. Good job.
Being shot multiple times is nothing new and it most definitely does happen, on occassion, to folks not on drugs, pcp, alcohol, or anything else other than adrenaline. There is a good chance that if the guy wasn't going to collapse immediately after the first two to the chest, he probably would not have collapsed with any more until bleeding out which can take a while, or via a CNS shot which turned out to be shot 5 for the samaritan.

Quote:
I heard an update on this incident...I don't know how old it is but for what its worth here it is: Apparently, the CCW holder's second shot would have been deadly and incapacitating to the offender according to the coroner who performed the autopsy (a + to anyone carrying a 45 LOL)... There's no law stating that you can't keep firing until the threat ceases to exist...I would have kept firing too.
While the second shot from the samaritan might have been deadly, a mortal wound, it obviously was NOT incapacitating. In the words of the guys from the FBI when describing Platt during the fight in Miami, Platt was dying, but was not dying fast enough. Platt's kills happened after he was mortally wounded.

Page generated in 0.06682 seconds with 8 queries