Thread: KelTec issues
View Single Post
Old May 21, 2013, 01:12 PM   #21
Terry A

Quote:
Yesterday, 09:21 PM #17
orionengnr

Posts: 4,866 I had four Kel-Tecs. The factory Help Line was great...but none of the pistols were ever reliable enough to carry. I spent a lot of money on mags, ammo, springs, etc.

I sold each with full disclosure at a big loss.

I learned my lesson.

K-T will never see another dime of my money.

YMMV, and I sincerely hope it does. But if not, remember my words.
I'm not feeling all that good about hanging on to it when it comes back. Most likely, I'll test it to make sure it functions and then sell it with full disclosure.

Thanks for your post.

Quote:
Today 01:04 AM
Chowder I had a PF-9 that I sent back for repairs also. It took some time but came back with a new slide, polished feed ramp, an extra mag that I didn't send with it and a letter detailing all the repairs. I was annoyed at the time I waited but they most certainly stood by the product and made sure I was happy with my gun.
Chowder, that's great they did all that for you. It would take something along those lines for me to even consider keping it. Anything less and like I just said, I won't be able to trust it.

A pistol that doesn't function right is like a cheating woman. You can't really trust them much in the future.....

Quote:
Today 01:49 AM
Mosin44az So Terry A, did Kel-tec pay for shipment to them? That would be a new policy for them.

If not, they might reimburse if you ask for it.
I paid $100.02 to have it shipped out. The man I did finally speak with said they don't send shipping labels like Springfield and other companies do.
Then, I received an answer to an email I sent and here's a copy.....

I’ll mail you a new firing pin, spring and screw to see if that helps, but if not, let me know and we’ll email you a shipping label to get it in here for service.

Ericka

1-800-515-9983

www.keltecweapons.com

Physical Address: KT Service Dept. 1475 Cox Rd, Cocoa FL 32926--firearm repair

Mailing Address: PO Box 236009, Cocoa FL 32923--returning accessories

I'm most likely going to try to get thru and request reimbursement.

Thanks everybody who's contributed in this thread. It's a great learning experience.
2 Thes 3:16 "Now may the Lord of peace Himself continually grant you peace in every circumstance. The Lord be with you all! "

Page generated in 0.03846 seconds with 8 queries