Thread: 410 usefulness
View Single Post
Old August 26, 2012, 08:54 PM   #10
Gdawgs

Thanks for all the feedback. I was thinking about the 28 ga and thought that looks like a pretty sweet load. Looks like finding a gun chambered in it is pretty tough, and there aren't nearly as many options. How much more recoil does the 28 ga have over the 410? I'm guessing it's going to be quite a bit more. I am familiar with the BPS, as that is what my 12 ga is. Sweet gun, but at twice the price of the Mossberg, I'd never go that direction. Plus it sounds like it's a bit big. That Mossberg was quite small and seemed to fit my son well. Every other 410 at the shop was too big for him.

I believe this is the model we were looking at, but I'd have to double check to be sure.
http://www.mossberg.com/product/shot...-purpose/50490
The one at the gunstore was marked $319, so maybe it's not the same model.

We have our local gun show coming up toward the end of September, so maybe I can find a good deal there, maybe a used one. I would also get a reloader if we ended up getting a gun. I enjoy reloading almost as much as shooting and it wouldn't take long to pay it off given the high price of ammo and it wouldn't cost much to reload these things. The kids help me out with that too. My four year old daughter was helping me out yesterday. She's my little reloading buddy.

We went out again today and shot off another box of shells(11 year old daughter helped out too). Also shot a lot out of the Crickett too. Lots of fun. Brought my BFR 460 along too. The kids go running when I load up a hot round(they don't like the big booms), but my son likes shooting 45 Colts out of it off of a rest.

Thanks again!

Page generated in 0.02800 seconds with 8 queries