View Single Post
Old August 22, 2013, 08:23 PM   #19
Metal god

Nice catch jmr40 . I thought he wanted a slower twist and I was going to say a buddy of mine just bought a CZ something , with a 1-12 twist . It's a very nice rifle .

To the OP if you want to shoot longer range accurately . Meaning moa or better , you are not going to save much on ammo if any cus you will need to shoot match grade ammo or reload . Berger has a 73gr .224 match bullet that has a recommended twist of 1-9 or faster . You can shoot 69gr GMM but those are going to cost you a buck a shot give or take a buck .

As for twist rates and rifles . There are all kinds of rifle makers making the 223 with a 1-9 twist . It does seem to be harder to find 1-8 or 1-7 223 bolt guns but I'm sure ther out there . If you can find it and it is with in your budget I'd go with a 1-8 or 1-7 twist for what your asking but the 1-9 will shoot 90% of all factory ammo just fine .

I almost always write my posts regardless of content in a jovial manor and intent . If that's not how you took it , please try again .

Page generated in 0.03732 seconds with 8 queries