View Single Post
Old January 8, 2013, 04:46 AM   #12
Hal

Quote:
Oh I don't know. Detroit Police issued them to my grandfather in the 20s, 30s, 40s, according to him they worked pretty well.
When I got divorced in 1974, I kept telling people my ex was unstable.
In 1995, she put three rounds of .38spl RNL into husband #5 @ a range of about three feet.

She sat up all night w/him as he bled out - stabbing at his hand w/a kitchen knife whenever he reached for the phone to call 911..
Somewhere around sunup, when she sobered up some, she figured he didn't look so hot so she decided to take him to the hospital.

She loaded him in the van and headed for the hospital - course it being early morning and all - a girl needs her morning cup of coffee right? So she stops @ a convenience store to have a cup of coffee and flirt with the construction workers having their morning coffee.

By the time the hour drive to the hospital/coffee stop was over, her head was clear enough that she figured answering a lot of questions about what happened wasn't a good idea...
So instead of stopping at the emergency entrance, she just opened the door to the van and shoved him out as she drove through....

Guy lived - and was out of the hospital in a few days..
She served 13 years for it & is out now.

Needless to say - I don't have a lot of faith in the .38spl RNL...&...I keep the best hollow point ammo I can buy on hand.

W/all due respect for your granddaddy,,,I'll stick with what I got..
I duuno,,,maybe they build em tougher here in Ohio than they do in Detroit..

Page generated in 0.02751 seconds with 8 queries