Thread: Pistol transfer
View Single Post
Old May 24, 2009, 03:00 PM   #1
jman841

Pistol transfer

Hello all, i was curious about how to go about getting my pistol into my name when i am elligable.

BTW i live in Mass.

I go shooting with my uncle often and i bought a ruger Mark III 22/45, however, it was in my uncles name because i am only 20. When i turn 21 however i would like to put it back in my name. Since he is not techincally selling it to me how do we go about this? Also, he is a MA resident right now, however he is planning on moving to CT before i turn 21 so will we have to go through an FFL when i turn 21 even though he holds a MA CCW and bought the pistol in MA? Also since there is no transfer of money is it considered a sale or can it be considered a gift? Finally, is it required that the gun be in my name, there is no requirement of registering weapons in mass just the transfers of sale is recorded, but if it is not a sale than there is no transfer of sale so is it still required to go through the whole MA process.

One more thing, This year my parents bought a house in florida and i am living in an apartment at school in MA, so i am goign to legally transfer my residence to Floridia which has no requiremnt for a record of sale. If i have him give me the gun as a flordia resident is there any requirement of an FFL?

Page generated in 0.02739 seconds with 8 queries