View Single Post
Old October 17, 2011, 05:46 PM   #9
chack

I never had a problem with it. I trained my kids and have never had a single safety issue at home or on the range. Of course I have made the do pushups instead of spanking since they were old enough to do a correct pushup, It's amazing how quickly they get the push up form down when they realize the alternative punishment for misbehavior.

I trained my sister too and that saved her from being raped or killed a few years back. I demanded that she know how to load, clear, and clean her weapon before I would give it to her. She said, "What's the big deal, you just point and pull the trigger" The first time we went to the range I don't think she even aimed for the first mag because she assumed "the force" would guide the bullets to the target.

With my sister She was motivated by the very real possibility of needing to defend herself and her daughter. I made it clear that I wouldn't take her shooting unless she could recite the 4 safety rules by heart. Once we went shooting I told her I would only buy her lunch if she could put all 10 rounds in a paper plate at 10 yds. I then told her She could choose the restaurant if she could do it at 25 yds. I bought lunch the first time and every time after that but she didn't choose the restaurant until the 3rd or 4th trip.

I don't think a non relative could have known how to motivate her as well.

With my kids they are just well disciplined so safety wasn't an issue. They and don't mind PT too much but it is still a negative reinforcement. I make them push in the same way and for the same reasons as my soldiers. Promises of Waffle house is enough positive motivation to make my kids do almost anything else I think.

Page generated in 0.02836 seconds with 8 queries