View Single Post
Old January 16, 2007, 09:37 AM   #15
BlueTrain

Actually, I believe the original, very first, S&W Military & Police revolvers were round butt, although I cannot state when the square butt became standard. I believe most of their earlier revolvers were also mostly round butt (Is that enough wiggle room or not?). The first M&P revolvers also did not have the forward lug on the underside of the barrel that the ejector rod clips into. I am probably not referring to any name correctly except the barrel. Either way, it did have the oversized end (compared to later) or knob on the ejector rod. The US Navy purchased some of the first M&P models.

One could amass a large collection of S&W K-frames alone, with all the variations that have occurred over the years right down to the present. I have a light (people say "skinny") 4" barrel with a frame mounted firing pin, round butt, new style cylinder release, blued Model 10 which does not have the internal lock, although the hammer appears to be grooved for it. I owned one Model 10 with a 4 1/4" barrel, though I can claim nothing otherwise special about it. The rarest may be the .22 RF fixed sight revolvers. My favorite might be a Model 65 LS (they don't make 'em anymore).
Buy War Bonds.

Page generated in 0.03062 seconds with 8 queries