Thread: FFL 03 Question
View Single Post
Old June 28, 2012, 11:58 AM   #5
carguychris

Quote:
As long as the gun is C&R, just send the seller a signed copy of your license and all is well.
...only if the seller is also a FFL. A non-licensed individual presumably won't have any use for a copy of your FFL!

AFAIK a C&R licensee isn't required to send a signed copy of his/her FFL to a non-licensed seller, and the seller isn't required to retain it, but the seller may want to keep a copy for verification purposes. AFAIK an email scan or fax should be OK.

In order to log the purchase in your bound book, the following documentation information is needed:

If the seller is a FFL, you need their official name and FFL number.

A non-licensed private individual needs to provide a name and address. There is no federal requirement for you to retain copies of documentation proving the veracity of the person's information; however, for CYA purposes, I like to see a document. Due to the ease of producing false photocopied documents with photo-editing software, I prefer not to engage in sight-unseen C&R purchases unless the non-licensed seller is personally known to me, or a friend or relative can vouch for the seller.

Last edited by carguychris; June 28, 2012 at 03:00 PM. Reason: What I MEANT to say is...

Page generated in 0.03135 seconds with 8 queries