View Single Post
Old July 22, 2013, 03:25 PM   #1
granpa_jo

Mystery shotgun.

This shotgun has been in the gun case for a long time, and I have no clue what manufacturer it is. I am hoping you all can help me.

What I know about it:

It belonged to my grandfather who was born in 1897. After he passed away in 1982, it was handed down to my Dad, who once told me it might be a hundred or more years old. He didn't know for sure, because we don't know when it came in to the family. We don't know of my Great Grandfather owned it, and later gave it to my Grandfather, or if it was a purchase made by my Grandfather.

If it was a purchase made by my Grandfather, it would have been between probably 1915-1953. We just don't know. There are no manufacturer marks on it that I can find, except for the Mark that looks like an S by the barrel release (you can somewhat make it out in one of the pictures) and some numbers that look like they were hand engraved on the inside of the trigger guard and in the flat area under the barrels when you have the barrels open. These numbers match in both places. Other than that, I can find no identifying marks anywhere on the shotgun. The engraving looks like it is hand done, and not electroengraved, but I'm not an engraver so I can't say that for certain.

It is in 20 guage.

Other than that, I know nothing.

Link to a picture album below.

http://imgur.com/a/KnY5J

Page generated in 0.02402 seconds with 8 queries