View Single Post
Old July 4, 2013, 04:30 PM   #3
psyfly

No expert here, but I've owned a few over the years, all "older" Bridgeport or Stratford revolvers and I still have 4 of them. There's a Stratford Bulldog pug (.44 spl) on the end table as I type. I like them. IMO, very well made (American made, all), reliable, and made for carry.

My understanding is that there were some QC problems in the "middle years" but that the quality is back now.

I used to buy one of the .38s every time I found one in a pawn or gun shop back when you could find them for $ 100.00 or so. Those days are gone, alas, but they are still good guns. I still see the .38s for sale from time to time with prices all over the place.

Don't know what it's worth, a lot depends on the condition. You won't be sorry if you get it, though.

W.

PS, just put a couple on the scale:

The Stratford Undercover .38 weighs 18.2 oz. loaded with 5 rounds of Winchester silvertips.

The Stratford Bulldog Pug .44 spl weighs 21.8 oz. loaded with 5 rounds of Winchester silvertips.

How about that, the .44 weighs only 3.6 oz more. Surprised me! And I've carried both of 'em.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Stratford Undercover on scale 01 netsize.jpg (144.0 KB, 205 views)
File Type: jpg Stratford Bulldog on scale 01 netsize.jpg (130.0 KB, 402 views)

Last edited by psyfly; July 4, 2013 at 05:09 PM.

Page generated in 0.02985 seconds with 9 queries