Thread: Loading Stand
View Single Post
Old July 16, 2009, 04:16 PM   #17
Doc Hoy

Guess so

I have looked at the loading presses and quickly decided against them for the reason you just stated.

Just yesterday I was speaking on a different thread about the stresses that the load process places on the pistol (using the conventional, cylinder in pistol method). As I am not well informed about those stresses, I was hoping to have someone wade in with some wisdom. Hawg Haggen helped and I am sure if Mykeal is reading this he will come up with some good thoughts.

Obviously both the Colt and the Remington pattern pistols were designed to withstand those forces and it is not my opinion that you can damage a pistol during the loading process any more than during the discharge process. Our toys should not break just because we play with them.

Still for someone who is concerned about it the press offers a viable alternative. Those who use presses have to accept the wear on the pistol by taking it apart with every empty cylinder. I personally to not field strip my pistols. I take plenty of pistols along shoot them until they I run our of ammunition and then bring them home to clean. I stay out about four hours with three to five pistols in my shooting box. I always shoot alone. I am finnicky that way. When I was riding motorcycles I always rode alone too.

Page generated in 0.03660 seconds with 8 queries