View Single Post
Old August 1, 2010, 05:27 PM   #1
bigalshootmupper

Rem 700 SPS Tactical 20" 308

I just want to do a little braggin on my new rifle. I have owned it for only 2-3 weeks and I already know it my most accurate rifle. This will be my main deer rifle and also serve as a target rifle. I really like the 20" bull barrel, makes it easy to manuever the gun (here in GA, the woods are thick so a long barrel is awkward). Plus, I really like short barrel guns when trying to climb up into those tiny tree stands.
P1010859.JPG
Anyway, the gun has a Zeiss 3-9X40. The gun was shooting a little over 1MOA with Federal 150gr Powershocks. After collecting some fired brass, I neck sized some rounds of Sierra Gamekings 165gr with IMR4895 and shot some 1.75" 5 shot groups at 200yards. Here's a target with 40.5gr on left and 40.5gr on the right. I can probably load it a little hotter and keep the accuracy.
P1010855.JPG

Trigger is nice. I haven't even adjusted it any. Recoil is very low due to its Hogue stock and heavier weight. The only problem I can find with the gun is the bolt sometimes doesn't want to pick up the next round from the magazine. Anybody else have this gun?

Page generated in 0.02728 seconds with 9 queries