View Single Post
Old January 31, 2002, 09:17 AM   #5
V.A. Cop

Update: received the gun back yesterday, January 30th. It took 7 weeks to get it back. The shop invoice said the total shop time was .5 hour (30 minutes). Unbelievable. Anyway, I stripped the gun to clean it and found that the recoil spring was installed backwards and the firing pin spring was installed backwards. I cleaned the gun and then decided to run a mag of dummy rounds through it to see if it would feed and eject. After three rounds the magazine fell out. I tried this with 5 different magazines and they all fall out after about 3 or 4 slide cycles. Needless to say I am so mad I can't see straight. Now I don't know whether to have it repair locally and pay for it or send it back to Kahr again and wait who knows how long to get it back. I called Kahr and they said that it just needs to have the magazine catch assembly replaced and that they would mail a new one out to me right away. They were very appoligetic, but I am still very upset. I was just getting ready to buy a Kahr K9 to carry as an off duty weapon but now I am scared to.

Page generated in 0.03501 seconds with 8 queries